iDesign Acquisition Expands Phase 3’s Digital Marketing Practice
Nashville-based design firm adds industry bench strength to scope of offerings
ATLANTA – Jan. 19, 2015 – Phase 3 Marketing & Communications, a comprehensive, end-to-end marketing, PR, print and marketing logistics service provider, has acquired iDesign, a data-driven, web design firm.
Based in Nashville, Tenn., iDesign’s 11-person team boasts industry expertise, leading the design and development of content management, custom applications, e-commerce, and responsive and mobile design. Co-founded by Anthony Davis and Brian Hamblen in 2005, iDesign will immediately operate as a division of Phase 3, eventually assuming the company’s name within the coming months.
With more than 18 ADDY awards across their iDesign tenure, Davis and Hamblen are the creative, organizational leaders who transformed a passion for interactive technologies into a profitable, service-minded organization for their growing client roster.
“As Phase 3’s third acquisition of 2014, iDesign continues our vision to provide comprehensive ‘ideation to execution’ marketing services throughout the Southeast,” said Ken Holsclaw – president, Phase 3 Marketing & Communications. “When you couple our organic growth with our acquisition strategy, we are on a trajectory for significant success thanks to our award-winning and hardworking team.”
As further proof of Phase 3’s progression, below are notable 2014 achievements:
- Increased revenue at an average of 33 percent across a two-year period. Notable client account wins contributing to this increase include FATZ/Cafe Enterprises, Feld Entertainment venues in the North Carolina market, and Sharonview Federal Credit Union.
- Rebranded as Phase 3 Marketing & Communications to visually represent three dynamic business units: marketing and public relations, print production and marketing logistics.
- Acquired Boxkite Media, a boutique web development firm, and The Reynolds Group, a lifestyle-focused marketing, public and media relations agency.
- Added 42 new team members across all offices in the Southeast, representing expertise in account management, integrated marketing services, sales and information technology.
- Won more than 10 awards on behalf of clients and for the firm, including regional and national accolades from the Atlanta Business Chronicle, the Charlotte Business Journal, Printing Impressions, and the Public Relations Society of America.
ABOUT PHASE 3 MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Founded in 2001 with offices in Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, Dallas and Nashville, Phase 3 Marketing & Communications is a leading provider of complete end-to-end marketing services from ideation to execution. Headquartered in Atlanta, the firm is recognized annually as a top 15 marketing services firm by the Atlanta Business Chronicle and as a top 20 marketing services firm by the Charlotte Business Journal, as well as a top 250 printer in North America by the flagship Printing Impressions 400. Phase 3 partners with clients providing a comprehensive range of services at every step along the marketing PR continuum including brand identity, creative, digital and offset printing, graphic design, marketing and public relations strategy, media planning, social media, special events, strategic planning, video production, warehousing and distribution, web-to-print procurement and web/interactive services.
# # #
Elyse Hammett, APR
Vice President, Public Relations – Corporate & Lifestyle
Phase 3 Marketing & Communications